We are so grateful for the opportunity to love your children and lead them into a relationship with Christ. We believe that “all children are a gift of the Lord,” and encourage them by example to love God, love the Bible, and love others.
All of our Children’s Programs incorporate biblical truths, while engaging the children in hands-on activities, songs, and fun!
For the safety of the children in our care, all of our workers have completed our church’s Child Protection Requirements, which involve an orientation, basic training, and background check. Parents, we ask that you please be considerate of all other children in our ministry. If your child has any symptoms of illness, we ask that you please not leave them with us.
Children’s Ministry Programs
- Nursery — The nurseries at Stony Hill welcome any children birth through 2 years old. Our caring and qualified teachers get to know your child and make him/her feel secure when you leave. As a security measure, our workers will only release your child upon presentation of the matching parent pager.
- Sunday School — We have Sunday School classes for all age groups, beginning at the age of 2 and continuing through 5th grade. Each class is taught by qualified and loving teachers who engage every student at every learning level.
- Children’s Choir — All children ages 3 years– 5th grade are invited to Children’s Choir on a Sunday night once a month. The children enjoy learning upbeat songs that are based on God’s Word…It is yet another way that we help kids “hide God’s Word in their hearts!” (The Children’s Choir sings several times throughout the year, during the Morning Worship service as well as special programs at Christmas and Easter.)
- AWANA — AWANA is our Wednesday night Children’s program (offered during the school year) that focuses on reaching children with the Gospel of Christ and training them to serve Him. It is a Bible-based program for children and youth that is an acronym derived from “Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed” (2 Tim 2:15). A night at AWANA consists of Bible lessons, Scripture memorization, and participation in songs, games, and crafts. We hope your family will join us on Wednesday nights from 6:30-8:00 pm.
- Vacation Bible School — Every year, during the last full week of June, Stony Hill Baptist Church offers VBS to the children in our community. Each night, the children learn themed songs and rotate between teaching rooms, craft rooms, game rooms, and snack time. The nights are busy but the kids have a blast! (This week-long program runs every evening, Monday through Thursday, with an awards program on Friday evening.)