Our missions ministries flow from our worship of the One True God. The goal of our missions is to exalt Christ by sharing His love, making Him known, leading people to a saving knowledge of Him, and ultimately bringing all to worship Him.
Missions Ministry Programs
- Community Outreach
- Compassion Wake Forest — We search for opportunities in our neighborhood and around town to show the love of Jesus. Just introducing ourselves and offering to pray with neighbors has opened many other doors for ministering, whether it be delivering food, giving rides, helping the homeless, Bible study, working with children, or other opportunities.
- Community Events — There are other events focused on reaching our neighbors throughout the year, including Vacation Bible School, Family Fun Fair, Christmas and Easter programs, and more.
- Guatemala — Stony Hill has a continuing relationship with Agua Viva Children’s Home in Chimaltenango, Guatemala. We serve the home, and it is also a launching point for further Guatemalan missions, including a new church plant, evangelism to the surrounding villages, serving alongside other churches, and ministry training.
- Mission Trips — In addition to Guatemala, we strive to bring glory to God in other parts of the world. Trips for all ages, focusing on service projects and evangelism, have been made to Baltimore, rural West Virginia, and Pennsylvania in recent years.
- Tri-Area Ministry — Stony Hill serves and supports the Tri-Area Ministry in Wake Forest, which provides food for hundreds of families in need in Wake Forest, Rolesville, Youngsville, and surrounding communities. It is completely volunteer-run. This is a special place, from the kindness of the volunteers to the sweetness of the families who come in. It’s a place where we can “love our neighbor” in a very practical and tangible way.
- Helping Hands Service Organization — In the spirit of Christian compassion and love, the Helping Hands is a ministry that serves the Lord and at the same time comforts those who are grieving. By providing a meal and fellowship, they express sympathy and concern following the death of a member of the church.
- Baptist Men — Baptist Men (known at Stony Hill as Brotherhood) is an auxiliary of the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina whose mission is to share God’s love with hurting people in both word and deed. The Brotherhood does service projects in the community, and supports both local and international missions.
- Women’s Missionary Union (WMU) — Women’s Missionary Union is an auxiliary of the Southern Baptist Convention that seeks to educate our women on missions. The WMU does service projects both in the church and in the community, including shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child.