The Youth Ministry of Stony Hill Baptist Church exists to glorify God through the discipleship of our young people. After reaching them with the Gospel of Christ, we want to partner with parents to give them a solid biblical foundation and Christian worldview. In order to help our students live boldly for Christ, we provide opportunities for fellowship, encouragement, and accountability.
For the protection of our young people, all of our youth workers have completed our church’s Child Protection Requirements, which involve an orientation, basic training, and background check.
Youth Ministry Programs
- Sunday School — All youth (Grades 6-12) are invited to Sunday School on Sunday mornings at 10:00 am. In the Middle School Youth class students learn from the Student Life Bible Study. This curriculum helps students to see God’s mission in the world and for their individual lives, as they study a three-part series: (1) Christ: The Basis of Faith, (2) Character: Old Testament People and (3) Community: The Essence of Fellowship. In the High School Youth class students learn ways to practically apply their faith in their daily lives through studies in areas such as: How to Study the Bible, How to Take Sermon Notes, and How to Share Your Testimony.
- Youth Worship — Youth Worship takes place on Sunday nights from 6:00 – 8:00 pm in the FLC. All 6th-12th graders are invited to come for a time of games, teaching, and small group discussion.
- Wednesday Night Youth Group — Youth group meets every Wednesday night from 7:00 – 8:00 pm in the lower floor of the parsonage for group study, fellowship, and fun. The group does individual reading of a chapter of a book, or a chapter of the Bible during the week, then meets to discuss it together, play games, fellowship with other teens, and learn biblical lessons through various activities.
- Missions — It is our desire to have students who serve others through missions. Throughout the year, students are given opportunities to participate in mission both locally and nationally. Our students have participated in missions trips to Chicago, IL, Baltimore, MD, and Lewisburg, PA.
- Service — Our youth are challenged to serve others as Jesus has called us to. This is done in our church by helping our church members, as well as others in our community. The youth ministry sponsors both a spring and fall clean up day for those who need assistance with yard work or housework.